Myo-Inositol – The Forgotten Vitamin B8 Complex
Our Inositol is the vegan form Myo-Inositol derived from corn, unlike the cheaper chemically synthesised forms.
Myo-inositol is found naturally in plants such as
- citrus fruits,
- grains and
which should comfort you to know that this is a very safe health supplement.
It was once considered to be a B vitamin called B8, which may have been due to the positive effects it has on people’s state of mind with certain conditions.
These days it is just considered a supplement for
- women’s health,
- diabetic health and
- cognitive health
that may help you feel more in control, energised and confident every day.
Most concentrations of Myo-Inositol are found in the brain and heart.
It is synthesised in the liver where it may help to reduce fat absorption & reduce the risk of damage from steatohepatitis or fatty liver disease.
Research has found that Inositol is an effective treatment for:
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Decreasing Insulin Resistance
- Panic Disorders
- Lithium therapy side effects such as Psoriasis
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Further research is required to confirm that is may help with:
- High cholesterol
- Promoting hair growth
- High blood pressure
Evidence does not support its use for treating:
- Diabetic nerve pain
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Directions for Use:
- Always consult your GP to determine if Inositol is right for you.
- With that said the taste is sweet but far less than sugar so you can mix it with juice or even just in a glass of water.
- Restrict drinking caffeinated beverages when using inositol as caffeine can reduce the effectiveness.
- (Mind you some energy drinks contain caffeine and inositol.)
- Take 5g grams, which is a heaped teaspoon, 3 times per day . (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Side effects are very rare and minimal making it a very safe supplement for most people.
- They may include nausea, tiredness, headache & dizziness.
- If in doubt start with small doses and build up to recommended.
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant women may take inositol orally to reduce risk of gestational diabetes & neural tube birth defects.
- There isn’t enough research to support use by breastfeeding women.
- Not for people suffering Bi-Polar disorder
- 100% Plant based Myo-Inositol.
- Store below 30°C, away from direct sunlight.
- Seal container immediately and store in a cool dry place